Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Reminiscing Part III

For me art isn't only something that is on the wall, a three-dimensional sculpture, a pottery piece, or even what makes it to the art gallery or museum. I think that one can always find art even in the most unexpected places, and for me that place is just simply... nature.

I was so inspired and in awe at all the brightly colored blossoms and green life that seem to always be the backdrop of any tropical paradise. Naturally displaying plants and flowers that are not as common in one's back yard or those kept in the shelter of a warm and protected house.

It's not like this is the first time that I have seen tropical plants before, quite the contrary. But where I find art in nature is when you look at the details. My husband makes fun of me for taking only close up shots, but for me that brings out a new dimension of flowers and plants that is often too easy to overlook.

When you study a flower or plant up close you can see the veins in the leaves, spots or stripes on the petals, and wonderful hidden forms and shapes that leave one with that same feeling after having looked at a Monet, Picasso, or whatever artist brings that feeling of "wow", mouth half open and speechless for the first few moments.

I just wanted to share a few of nature's awe-inspiring delights.




2 comments :

  1. I do truly believe that Nature provides us with all of the lessons we will ever need in aesthetics, color, proportion, and beauty. These are wonderful eye candy in this coldest of winters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said. If more people would allow themselves to stop long enough to listen to the "lessons" of nature, they would find themselves to be truly amazed at all the wonders it has to offer.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails