Thursday, September 10, 2009

Fall Inspirations

I'm really excited about the new fabric collection from Valori Wells with it's warm and earthy range of colors... just the perfect fabric for the start of fall. Finding her inspiration from nature and the Oregon landscape, this talented designer not only designs fabric, paints, writes books, designs patterns, and is a photographer, but she is involved in the family business with her mom which just happens to be... a quilting shop.

I had fun whipping up a few little projects of my own... adding to the stack of wallets with coordinating key chains for an upcoming show.

Still in the mood for using fall colors, I dipped into my "August Christmas stash" for inspiration. I love natural stones and found that the yummy African Brown Rhyolite (related to granite) and Fossil Coral (rich burnt red) complete my fall collection.


I may not be ready for fall weather, but I am ready for it's magnificent color palette.
Valori Wells fabric can be found here or here.

5 comments :

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails