Friday, May 14, 2010

Spring Impressions

This past week we visited my husband's parents in his hometown for the first time since the baby was born. It wasn't and overly eventful day, but an enjoyable one nonetheless. In the afternoon after coffee and cake time, we took a stroll in the beautiful nearby park, with flowers and shrubs around every corner. I had the "honor" of carrying the camera this time, and found myself quite distracted and constantly having to catch up with my patiently waiting companions... some new bud here, a stunning flower there, well... you know what seems to dominate my camera lens this time of year.

We were quite excited to see how well my oldest nieces "special tree" was doing... and in full bloom too! My parents-in-law have planted a tree so far for each of their grandchildren. Our little one will be the third tree that they will add to their garden and I am quite excited to see what it will be. We will get to see it grow as our little man grows, and if the tree is anything like him, it will grow pretty fast.

3 comments :

  1. I think you all had a wonderful time.

    Such a brilliant way to celebrate a birth. I wonder what it will be for your son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely flower photos.
    Hope you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a garden for the first time and I keep planting more Flieder! (lilac). I just love them and can't get enough!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails