Thursday, November 17, 2016

Where The Heart Leads


Ten years ago today, the decision to step on a plane to Germany completely changed the rest of my life... in every way that could be imagined. It was on my granmother's 80th birthday that I was flying halfway across the globe to be with the man who had captured my heart.


Almost a year later, I started blogging about my life in Germany, and the feelings and emotions about living in a country that was not my own. Talk about not being in Kansas anymore?!? Those first years were very much processing what it means to experience daily life in another language, another way of doing things, and another culture... all different from mine.


At the time, there is no way that I could have possibly understood the depth of what I was about to do. And I really don't know if I will ever be able to comprehend the full depth of it. There is so much to process on so many different levels, although I am grateful that the struggles are not what they once were.


The processing has been daily, it's been gradual, even seasonal, and it's given me a deeper understanding of who I once was. There are things that I've only realized about myself since I've made that leap.


In our afternoon tea time with my husband today, he posed the hypothetical question "if you knew what you know now, would you have done it again"? Perhaps some things are actually better if you leap before you think about the landing. Would it have helped to know ahead of time what challenges I would go through, and am still going through? I doubt it. Would I have done it all over again for the same man? No questions about it.
 
 ... supposedly the number 10 represents perfection or completion, which I dare say, does not apply in this case, but it sure does help to give guidance to know where to go from here.
 

Pattern: My Jeweled Kaleidoscope quilt pattern, mini block made into a pin cushion
Fabrics: Cotton & Steel, Carolyn Friedlander, and various low volumen Art Gallery fabrics.
Thread: Auriful

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails